FAQs for International Applicants of PLCAT
1. Why Study in China?
l China has a long history and culture, and the Chinese language is very interesting
l The city is developed and the economic consumption level is moderate
l The education system is perfect and the future is bright.
2. How to find the appropriate program on PLCAT?
l Decide what you want to learn first, non-degree (Chinese language) or degree (vocational, bachelor, master, doctor), then search for your favorite major.
3. What are the requirements for admission to a university?
l GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHINESE LANGUAGE PROGRAM
(1) Candidate should be a Non-Chinese citizen healthy, non-criminal record, and of the age from 18 to 55.
(2) No requirement for candidates Chinese language proficiency.
l REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS OF BACHELOR PROGRAM
(1) International Candidate should be a Non-Chinese citizen, with the age btween 18 and 25, healthy, with non-criminal record
(2) International Candidate should have an educational background equal to or above high school graduation (or equivalent).
(3) English language requirements: for candidates from non-English spoken countries applying for English taught programs, their minimum IELTS score should reach 6.0 or TOEFL score reach82 (IBT) (553 in written version or 217 in computer version), or equivalent.
(4) Chinese Language requirements: Applicants who apply for Chinese taught Science and /or Engineering programs should pass the level-3 HSK or above, and who apply for Liberal Arts studies should pass the level-5 HSK or above. Applicants with lower level HSK can first apply for Chinese Language Programs for a full year or half year before their degree studies.
l REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS OF MASTER PROGRAM
(1) Candidate should be a Non-Chinese citizen, under 30 years old, the Bachelor degree holder, healthy, with non-criminal record.
(2) English language requirements: for candidates from non-English spoken countries applying for English taught programs, their minimum IELTS score should reach 6.5 or TOEFL score reach 90 (IBT), or equivalent.
(3) Chinese Language requirements: Applicants who apply for Chinese taught Science and /or Engineering programs should pass the level-5 HSK or above. Applicants with lower level HSK can first apply for Chinese Language Programs for a full year or half year in ZZU before their major studies.
(4) Specific requirements for individual academic Schools may vary by board and subjects taken. You are advised to check with your prospective school or supervisor.
l REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS OF DOCTOR PROGRAM
(1) Candidate should be a Non-Chinese citizen, under 40 years old, the Master degree holder, in healthy condition, with non-criminal record.
(2) English language requirements: for candidates from non-English spoken countries applying for English taught programs, their minimum IELTS score should reach 6.5 or TOEFL score reach 90(IBT) or equivalent.
(3) Chinese Language requirements: Applicants who apply for Chinese taught Science and /or Engineering programs should pass the level 5 HSK or above. Applicants with lower level HSK can first apply for Chinese Language Programs for a full year or half year before their major studies.
(4) Specific requirements for individual academic schools maybe imposed by the board and subjects taken. You are advised to check with your prospective school or supervisor.
For Research Degree Programs Since the postgraduate research degrees are individually supervised. We strongly recommend that prospective applicants make initial enquiries with the potential supervisor or school before submitting a formal application. A research proposal is required along with your formal application.
4. What are the requirements for English taught programs and Chinese taught programs?
l For English taught programs: candidates from non-English spoken countries, their minimum IELTS score should reach 6.0 or TOEFL score reach 82(IBT) or equivalent.
l For Chinese taught programs: Applicants should pass the level 4 HSK or above.
5. What is the HSK certificate?
l 汉语水平考试Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) is an international standardized test of Chinese language proficiency established to test the Chinese language proficiency of non-native speakers (including foreigners, overseas Chinese, Chinese and ethnic Chinese examinees). HSK Level 6 is the highest level of the new HSK test. Candidates who pass HSK Level 6 can easily understand the information they hear or read in Chinese and express their opinions fluently in Chinese, either orally or in written form.
The HSK test was designed and developed by Hanban, a public institution directly under the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China, and the Confucius Institute Headquarters. Hanban develops and administers Chinese proficiency tests, including basic Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), Elementary and Secondary Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) and Advanced Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK). HSK is held regularly in China and abroad every year, and those who achieve the required test results will get the corresponding Level of Chinese Proficiency Certificate. The Ministry of Education of The People's Republic of China has set up the National Chinese Proficiency Examination Committee, which has full authority to administer the Chinese proficiency examination and issue Chinese proficiency certificates.
6. What is the complete application process?
l Application procedure:
(1) Determine the major to apply for according to your interests and specialties
(2) We will pick the right university for you based on your grades, majors, spending budget and the city you prefer to go to
(3) If you think the university we've chosen for you is a nice one, then we can start applying
(4) Send the application materials to us and pay the application fee
(5) We will submit your application materials to the university and communicate with the teachers, who will review your application materials
(6) You only need to wait for the review results, and we will inform you about your application status in time
(7) After obtaining the admission notice, you pay us the agency fee and postage, and we will mail the admission notice and JW202 to you
(8) You take the admission notice and JW202 to the embassy to apply for a student visa
(9) Book air tickets and welcome to study in China.
7. What application materials do I need to prepare?
l For Non-Degree and Undergraduates:
(1) A photocopy of the passport.
(2) Application form
(3) Senior high school diploma (original copy or notarized copy). Graduating high school students can provide pre-graduation certificate.
(4) Transcript for all the courses in senior high school (original copy or notarized copy);
(5) HSK certificate (for Chinese-taught program applicants).
(6) TOEFL/IELTS or other score reports of English language test (for English-taught program applicants, whose native language is not English).
(7) Two recommendation letters from high school teachers. Teachers’ signature, contact phone number and email address must put on the letter.
(8) Personal statement, should include study experience, reasons for application, personal strengths. Less than 800 words.
(9) Award-winning Certificates related to academic courses during your senior high school period. (If any)
(10) Applicants who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens should submit 1) cancellation certificate of Chinese citizenship 2) current citizenship certificate 3) Exit and Entry Record on passport.
(11) Applicant who has acquired foreign citizenship automatically at the time of birth in a foreign country, whose parents are both Chinese citizens, or one of the parents is a Chinese citizen should submit 1) birth certificate of foreign country 2) Chinese parents’ permanent resident certificate of foreign country. 3) Exit and Entry Record on passport,
(12) Applicants under the age of 18 should submit 1) Letter of Guardian Guarantee and the guardian must be an adult living in China 2) A notarized copy of the Guardianship Authorization from the applicant’s parents.
l For Graduates:
(1) Application Form
(2) A photocopy of passport.
(3) Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date.
(4) Academic transcripts during Bachelor degree study for master, Master degree study for doctor, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(5) Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
(6) Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
(7) Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter.)
(8) Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
(9) Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by Supervisor, (Download). (If any) Applicants shall provide the above form for professors to fill.
(10) Applicant who has given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens shall provide the documents certifying the cancellation of Chinese nationality, according to the policy of Ministry of Education of the PRC.
8. What help can I get from PLCAT?
l We can try our best to help you everything.
9. Why do I choose PLCAT to help me with my application? Can I apply directly to the university?
l Professional, reliable, cheap and efficient.
10. Can I apply for a scholarship?
l Every student can apply for a scholarship, but the scholarship program should be applied as soon as possible.
11. What types of scholarships are available?
l Chinese Government Scholarship
l Provincial Government Scholarship
l Municipal Government Scholarship
l Presidential Scholarship
l University Scholarship
l and so on
12. How to choose the right university?
l You can add professional consultant wechat and consult directly.
13. How do I manage my PLCAT account?
l First register and then log in to view the personal center.
14. May I know about PLCAT application fee and agency fee?
l The application fee is generally 500RMB (80USD), and the agency fee depends on the program you apply for and the content of the scholarship.
15. What are the payment methods?
l Please check the website: http://www.plcat.cn/Payment_Methods.html
16. What are the ways to apply?
(1) WeChat application: add consultant Wechat, and submit materials and application fee to the consultant.
(2) Online application: pay the application fee and complete the application online.
(3) Email application: send the application materials to email:, and pay the application fee at the same time.
17. How do I check my application status?
(1) For students who apply through Wechat, please consult your exclusive consultant directly
(2) For students who apply online, please check the application status of personal account in time
(3) For students who apply through email, please send your name and passport to email: email@example.com
18. Why is PLCAT reliable? What should I do if I am rejected by the university after paying the application fee?
l Please contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
19. How to become a cooperative Agent?
l For more information, please email: email@example.com
20. For more questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org